- To enable students to build a solid knowledge foundation in Chemistry and extend their learning with diversified learning experiences.
- To engage students in active learning inside the classroom and adopt different scaffolding strategies to promote deep learning
- To enhance students’ self-efficacy through extended learning outside the classroom and increase the exposure of students with different abilities to a wider range of activities and competitions such as STEM competitions, International Chemistry Quiz competition, Chemists Online Self-study Award Scheme competition and Digi-Science competition
- To provide more diversified learning opportunities to cater for students’ diverse learning needs such as Comic design and Invisible ink pen design
- To enable students to acquire the basic chemical knowledge and master scientific skills in performing and designing experiments;
- To develop students’ ability to inquire and to solve problems;
- To familiarise students with the subject-specific language of chemistry
- To develop students’ curiosity and interest in chemistry;
- To nurture students’ values and foster citizenship, respect for the environment and commitment to the wise use of resources;
- To equip students with the ability to apply their acquired knowledge in solving real life problems.
- To enhance students’ academic performance in the public examination (HKDSE) in Chemistry.